If you are using windows 10 then you might be encounter yourphone.exe procedure which is running on windows 10 PC in the background and you might think that it is a virus in the PC. When I was at your place, my thoughts are also the same but we should understand what is yourphone.exe windows 10 and how to disable it properly.
YourPhone.exe Windows 10
Windows 10 Yourphone.exe isn’t a virus and YES, you can disable or uninstall it and it is safe for your PC. Well, Windows has so many system processes and applications, but common users aren’t that familiar with these and your phone exe is one of them for windows 10 users.
Unlike different processes such as svchost.exe, your phone app is a new app in windows 10, and today, I am going to share a detailed guide here:
What is YourPhone.exe Process in Windows 10?
YourPhone.exe process in windows 10 is a built-in app in windows 10 PCs and it is known as Your Phone App and you can get more in-depth information on the official Microsoft website. This app helps your pc to sync pictures, contacts, data, and much more.
Is YourPhone.exe Process a Virus?
Well, the answer is NO, YourPhone exe process is not a virus at all, it is a Microsoft app that helps you sync your windows 10 with your android or iOS smartphone. Anti-Virus software cannot detect this process as a virus as it works as an official Microsoft app.
How to Disable YourPhone.exe Process Running in Background?
If you are now aware of this app, and still looking for a way to disable yourphone.exe process running in the background then you can follow the below method.
- Tap on State Menu and Click on Settings.
- In the windows settings screen, you need to scroll down and tap on Privacy location, Camera.
- On the left, scroll down and click on Background Apps, and Uncheck the “Let Apps Run in the Background” and it will Disable All the apps to run in BG, or you can scroll down to Your Phone App and Uncheck this particular app.
- Restart Your PC and check Task Manager if the process is still running or not.
How to Uninstall YourPhone.exe App from Windows 10 PC?
It is quite possible that you also want to Uninstall YourPhone.exe App from Windows 10 PC, but the app will show as an install app on the PC so how to uninstall it? Well don’t worry, simply follow the below procedure:
- Click on Start Menu and type Powershell then Right-Click on the app and select Run as Administrator.
- If you got any popup box, simply click on YES.
- Now, on the Blue Windows Copy and Paste this Command “Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage” and hit Enter.
- If you can’t see the error message then you can understand that the app is completely removed from the PC.
- Restart Your PC and Check Task Manager to make sure.
So now you have complete information on what is YourPhone.exe process in windows 10 and how you can disable or uninstall it completely. If you still have any query then you can drop your queries in the comment section below and I will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.