There are so many people like me who face issue in windows 10 laptop or desktop that wifi keeps disconnecting on laptop or wifi adapter keeps disconnecting on desktop running on windows 10 operating system.
If you are also one of them, who have problem with Wifi Internet connectivity, or your laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi and won’t reconnect automatically than it might be a wifi driver related error which can be fixed by following some tried and tested methods, which we are going to share with you.
WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10 – Fixing Guide
For so many users report wifi adapter keeps disconnecting and users can’t enable without restarting the computer. Generally, these type of windows 10 errors occur in old devices such as old laptop or outdated desktop because of the hardware failure.
Because old devices running on old or incompatible WiFi Driver, Wrong Power Settings for Network, Wrong network configuration also become the reason of laptop keeps disconnecting from wifi. Whenever people ask why does my laptop keep disconnecting from wifi, they actually don’t know that they are using outdated wifi drivers on the laptop which comes installed on their laptop when they bought it.
How to Fix Wifi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10?
There are so many methods which helps users to fix windows 10 wifi keeps disconnecting error in laptop or desktop so they don’t need to ask question like my computer keeps disconnecting from wifi.
So, if you want to fix the issue of computer randomly disconnects from wifi than you can follow our tried and tested methods and you can fix this issue without taking help of tech support for wifi error.
Note: Before applying any methods, we highly recommend you to restart the main router or modem to clear all the temporary issue which may be the real cause of computer keeps disconnecting from wifi.
First Try This to Fix Wifi Keeps Disconnecting in Windows 10:
You need disable any third-party security software such as Antivirus in your windows 10 based devices to make sure security software not stopping your pc to connect with Wifi.
- Tap on the WiFi Icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
- It will open the list of Wifi networks available near your place.
- Right tap on the wireless network that you want to connect, and tap on forget option.
- Now, restart your PC and reconnect to the desired Wifi connection again by entering the Wifi Password.
Note: If it still doesn’t work than, start trying our methods which we are going to mention below and if any method doesn’t work for you than don’t worry, try next method and so on. Sometime, some methods doesn’t work on some desktop or laptop but, one of them will surely fix your issue.
Method #1: Run Network Troubleshooter in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with the automated network troubleshooter that can find and fix network or internet connection related issues automatically.
To access network troubleshooter, follow below steps:
- Tap on Windows Key + I to open the settings.
- Now, tap on Network & Internet than Network Troubleshooter.
- Now, a new window will open, which will diagnose and fix the network issue.
- Now, find the troubleshoot and choose the Troubleshoot Settings.
- Now, choose the network adapter than tap on run the troubleshooter.
- Now, It will find issues related to network/wifi adapter, and also find if older driver causing the issue or not.
- Once it diagnose the procedure, restart your PC and check whether the Wifi dropping issue fix or not.
Method #2: Update Windows 10 with Latest Drivers
As we discuss above that, this issue mostly came into our PC when they become old. In simple words, when we are using old gen computer in latest technology era, that time this kind of issues comes in.
The most common reason behind the error called Wifi Adapter Driver Incompatibility. Updating your Wifi Driver with the current version may fix this issue which may be the reason of laptop keep disconnecting Wifi connection.
To update the drivers, simply follow below steps:
- First, tap on Windows Key + R, now enter Msc and press enter. It will open the device manager.
- Now, expand the network adapters option in the list.
- Now, right-tap on Wifi-Adapter and select Update Driver Software.
- Now, select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- Now follow, screen instructions, and later restart your pc.
- Now, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Method #3: Fix Power Options
Still facing same issue, let’s try fixing some power options so we can disallow the laptop or desktop to turn off the device to save power.
- Press Windows Key + R and type Cpl and tap OK to open the network connection window.
- Now, Right tap on Active Wifi Adapter and select properties.
- In Wifi properties, find and tap on Configure.
- Now, under the Power Management, you need to uncheck the box, and allow computer to turn off this device to save power and then tap on OK to save the changes done.
It is quite better way to fix Wifi Keeps Disconnecting issue, where the users marked as working method and we hope, it also helps you to fix it.
Method #4: Set WiFi AutoConfig Service Startup Type
- Tap Windows Key + R and type Msc and hit enter.
- Now, it will open the windows services console.
- Now, scroll down to WLAN AutoConfig and Right-Tap to open the properties.
- Now, in WLAN AutoConfig Properties, find Startup Type and Select it to Automatic.
- Now, close the Services window and Restart the PC to fulfill this process.
- Now, you can check where your pc still facing Wifi losing connection on windows 10 or it fixed the issue completely.
Found More Information Here: Click Here
So now you have tried and tested methods to fix wifi keeps disconnecting windows 10 issue in laptop or desktop. If you still facing this issue, than let us know in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.