Today we will be talking about all other errors that you can face in your day-to-day life. Today we will be discussing this great error that we face and it’s irritating to see this. We are talking about Skype for Business and ways to Remove Skype For Business. If you are searching for that, then you have come to the right place.
We will help you with how to remove it and all the important tricks that you need to do for finding that solution and other techniques that are related to it. What is Skype for Business? Let’s Start…
Remove Skype for Business
Skype is an app that helps in Video Calling and came into existence in the year of 2003. The main creator of this app was two guys from Sweden called as Niklas Zennstrom and Janus Friis.
Skype in the year 2005 was purchased by eBay for a price tag of $2.6 Billion in the month of September.
In the major announcement, Microsoft acquired Skype from eBay for $8.5 Billion and made this service as we are seeing it today.
But Microsoft has created another version of Skype that is totally for enterprise use that home user don’t like and hate it because it obstructs their day to day home use in Windows OS.
For that, we will be discussing all that and how to Remove Skype For Business.
Ways to – Remove Skype for Business
The main steps that we will first use are basic and then we will go towards complex methods if that doesn’t help you out. This can be interesting. Here it is:
Official Removal Recommendation – Remove Skype for Business
- Stop Skype for Business from auto-start
- for that go to Skype For Business, click on the tools icon. Navigate under Tools > Options.
- Then select the option of personal, then de-select “Automatically start Skype When I log on to Windows” & second option of “start the option in foreground”
- After that click “ok”
- Choose “Exit”
- Staying away from Skype from Business altogether and get rid of that
Microsoft has made a system where if you use Microsoft office 365 Skype for Business, then to remove Skype For Business you have to remove Office 365 fully and fully uninstall the Office 365.
This happens because Skype for Business is a software part of Office 365. Although, we are providing the procedure under this for users who have separate Skype for Business:
- Go to control Panel > Programs > Program and Features > Uninstall
- Select “Skype for Business” and click
If you cannot see any Skype for the Business icon you are using a combined version of Skype for Business and Office 365.
- After the uninstalling has been done, click close.
Main ways to Remove Skype for Business
This is another walk though by which you can remove Skype for Business.
This area will fully guide you how to Remove Skype for Business. Here it is:
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- When you press that “run” will open in front of you.
- Type “ Control Panel” in that box.
- Click “OK”
- It will open Control Panel
- Go to ‘Program and Features in Control Panel
- Now search for Skype For Business in that area.
- If you find it Uninstall that option
Remove Skype for Business For Mac
Now we told you the following procedure of how to remove the Skype for Business on your Windows Operating System. We told you how to remove Skype for Business and how to uninstall it directly or indirectly.
Mac users sometimes face the same problem where they want to remove Skype for Business but they don’t know how to. So, we have a full guide for that too if you own a Mac and hate Skype for Business then you need to follow this procedure.
For complete uninstall procedure for Removal of Skype for Business for Macintosh, follow this procedure:
- Get on Mac by personal computer and the main mode under administrative credentials.
- Click and exit Skype for Business in the area of operation.
- Then drag Skype for Business program and into the trash.
- Then change the Skype preferences if any of the files hidden for Skype
For further steps you need, follow this procedure:
- In Finder Menu, click Go and tap on “Go to Folder”
- Delete the files:
/Users/<User>/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness /Users/<User>/Library/Logs/LwaTracing /Users/<User>/Saved Application State/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.savedState /Users/<User>/Preferences/com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness.plist
- Erase these files too:
- Then in applications/Utilities Folder, click on Keychain access
- Inside logon Keychains, completely erase Skype For Business.
Removing Registry for Skype for Business:
We are coming back to Windows Operating System. If the above
Procedures still don’t remove skype for Business then you need to go into the registry and clean out Skype for Business from that.
Beware! Cleaning Registry files is not a joke and a huge issue can happen if you edit the Registry files in the wrong way or touch the wrong file. Your Operating system can crash. Your major programs may stop working.
So, before touching the registry files read the full procedure carefully and then follow these steps practically.
TO be on the safe side, back up your Registry before making modifications.
Here is How to remove Skype for Business from Registry:
- Press Windows + R on your Keyboard.
- The run command will open. In That box type the following “Regedit” and click “ok”.
- Registry Editor will open.
- Tap on the “Edit” at the top and click Find
- Type “Skype for business” or just “Skype” and click Find Next.
- Now go to the particular files and right-click and delete those files. Microsoft says that there are around 50 files related to Skype For Business
These are the best ways that you can this program on Windows and Mac.
We talked about How to Remove Skype for Business and all the steps related to Ways to Remove business skype issues. Now we are talking about the main issues that users face when using Skype For Business. We discussed how to resolve the issues related to removing Skype for business and different procedures related to it.
If you have any suggestions leave those in the comment box below.