Is your desktop showing the “Activate Windows – Go to Settings to Activate Windows” watermark? & you want to how to get rid of activate windows watermark without activating windows with windows 10 activation key.
Basically, Activate Windows Watermark shows you that, you are running Windows operating system without Windows Activation Key or your Windows License Has Expired and this is why it can be seen on the bottom right corner of a nonactivated windows 10 PC.
You are getting Activate Windows – Go to Settings to Activate Windows watermark because your windows 10 OS has not been activated with the Windows 10 Genuine Activation Key. You need to activate your PC window to enable features such as Windows Defender, Microsoft Office, Security Updates, and much more.
Also Read: WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10
How to Get Rid of Activate Windows
The most genuine and right way to remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark Permanently is providing a valid product key which you can buy from Amazon.
How to Get Rid of The Activate Windows Watermark Windows 10?
Disclaimer: We are not sharing knowledge with you so you can use non-activated windows 10 but we are just sharing this information for educational purposes only. We highly recommend you to use Genuine Windows 10 Product Key so you can use the real product with the best safety and all future updates from Microsoft.
If you don’t want to activate windows but want to remove the activate windows watermark then follow my procedure, which helps me to remove it while creating this article for educational purposes.
Also Read: File System Error (-805305975)
How to Get Rid of Activate Windows – Go to Settings to Activate Windows?
So, now you are going to learn how to get rid of activate windows 10 and use windows without activating with the product key.
There are different ways to remove activate the windows 10 watermark permanently, but I will share the working methods for me.
Method #1: Remove with Regedit
- Click on Start and enter regedit and press Enter.
- If you get any pop-up, click on YES.
- Now, follow this pattern: Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop.
- Now, scroll down and go to PaintDesktopVersion & Double-click on it, click on Hexadecimal and change the Value Data to 0 and press OK and close the registry editor.
- Now, restart your PC, and the watermark will be removed for sure.
If this method, doesn’t work for you, then follow the next method.
Method #2: Remove with Ease of Access Centre
Here, we are going to use the ease of access centre that helps us to remove the windows background image that helps us to disappear activate windows watermark, so follow the below method to use ease of access.
- Click on the Start menu, and search for Control Panel and open it.
- Now, click on Ease of Access Centre
- Now, click on Make the Computer Easier to See
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tick on the box Remove Background Images (where available)
- Now, click on OK
- Now, Restart Your PC.
Method #3: Remove with CMD
In windows 10, we all have Test Mode enabled and it is the main reason, which causes the Windows Activation Water Mark and we can Disable Test Mode with CMD by following the below steps:
- Click on Start and enter CMD and on the app, Right-Tap and select Run as Administrator.
- Now, in the CMD window enter bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF then hit enter.
- If everything works well, you will see a text line “The Operation Completed Successfully”.
- Now, Restart Your PC and check whether the watermark removed or not.
Method #4: Remove with Powershell
You might be not aware of one thing, which is you can Activate Windows 10 for 90 Days via Microsoft Powershell for a temporary time. To activate windows 10 with PowerShell, you can follow the below steps:
- Click on Start and type Powershell and right-tap on it, and select run as administrator.
- Now, if you got a pop-up then click on YES.
- Now, in the PowerShell window, enter this slmgr /renew and hit Enter.
- Now, restart your PC.
So, guys, I shared my personal experience with all of you on how to get rid of activate windows watermark in windows 10 permanently. Because sometimes, Activate Windows 10 – Go to settings to activate windows isn’t look good when you are using your favorite wallpaper on windows 10 PC.
If you found any method working and useful, please share this post with your friends and family. If you still have any query then you can drop your queries in the comment section below and I will personally reply to all your queries.