Are you facing driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10 or windows 7 error? Well, I understand your situation because recently I also encounter the same error in my windows 10 PC. This error happens whenever your PC operating system can’t process the system memory command like before.
We generally faced this type of issue in windows 10 PCs when the device driver or the file has some corrupted elements. Your PC will surely crash anytime and shows driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 7 error.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL WINDOWS 10
So, if you are facing driver_irql_not_less_or_equal ntoskrnl.exe error then you must need to fix this to use your system like before and I will show you some of the working methods which help me to fix these types of windows 10 error.
Also Fix: WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10
Causes of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL WINDOWS 10
This windows 10 driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error caused by:
- The issue in Device Driver: You might be running an older version of drivers, and some drivers might have some old bug, which causes your system to crash, so we highly recommend you to update drivers in windows.
- Corrupted Windows 10 OS: If you are using windows 10 OS files that have corrupted files then it may be the reason for driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (netio.sys).
- Some Sort of Hardware Issue: It is quite possible that your PC hardware has some sort of issue, most of the time, your PC hard drive has some kind of bad sectors which causes netio.sys driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10.
- Your PC has some Virus or Malware: If your Windows 10 system has some virus or malware, then you need to fix it because this might be the reason of this error.
Also Fix: File System Error (-805305975)
Troubleshoot driver_irql_not_less_or_equal on Windows 10
You can check the Microsoft web page where they clearly mentioned that driver_irql_not_less_or_equal stop code is directly related to the kernel-mode driver that causes a pageable memory.
Below, I have mentioned the file’s name with the driver which you can see below that become the reason for this error code of BSOD.
|netwtw04.sys||Intel Network WAN|
|igdkmd64.sys||Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000|
|atikmdag.sys||ATI Display Driver|
|storahci.sys||Microsoft AHCI controller|
|Netio.sys||NVIDIA network adapter amdsata.sys|
How to Fix driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10?
To fix driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10, we need to perform some task which we mentioned below:
Method #1: Upgrade to Latest Device Drivers
Now, we need to update drivers in windows 10 and we also know which file we need to update, so let’s do it:
- Go to Windows Start Menu
- Now, enter Device Manager and hit Enter.
- Now, go to Network Adapters and Right-Click on any driver, I am updating D-Link DWA – 132 Wireless N USB Adapter
- Now, once you click on Update it will as for Search Automatically or Browse My Computer.
- Here, you need to click on Search Automatically for Drivers so it can fetch latest driver from the Internet automatically.
Method #2: Fix Corrupt OS Files
Here we are going to fix corrupted OS files and, in this process, we will take the help of the CHKDSK program which will scan your Windows 10 system for files in bad sectors. This scan will fix automatically all the bad sectors.
It can fix driver_irql_not_less_or_equal blue screen of deaths for sure, follow the below process to scan.
- First, go to Windows Menu and enter CMD
- Now, Right-Click on CMD and click on Run as Administrator.
- Now, the CMD window will open where you need to type: CHKDSK C: /f /r and hit enter.
- Now, it will ask you y/n which means YES or NO, here hit y and enter.
- Now, your system will reboot and run CHKDSK and this process can take a few minutes to a few hours.
- Make sure you are providing proper electricity to the system so that it can complete the process.
Method #3: Scan and Remove Virus/Malware
Your PC might run a virus or malware in the background, which may cause driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD error. Make sure you run a windows virus & threat protection.
To scan for virus, follow the below procedure:
- First, go to Windows Security and hit enter.
- Now, go to Virus & Threat Protection.
- Now, Click on Scan Options.
- Now, tap on Full Scan and hit the Scan button below.
- Now, it will start Scanning the full PC and it will show if your PC running any virus or malware or not.
- It can remove the virus or malware by asking you, so providing the command to do so.
So now you have 3 working methods that can fix driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Windows 10 or in Windows 7. If these methods didn’t working for you, than please drop your query in the comment section and we will try some more methods and update this guide for you.